What is it?
The Vegetarian Diet is a diet absent of meat, fish & poultry.
Did you know?
There are several popular variations of vegetarianism, including:
- Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian: aka "traditional" vegetarian. Eliminates meat, fish & poultry. Allows eggs & dairy products.
- Lacto-Vegetarian: Eliminates meat, fish, poultry & eggs. Allows dairy products.
- Ovo-Vegetarian: Eliminates meat, fish, poultry & dairy. Allows eggs.
- Pescatarian: Eliminates meat & poultry. Allows fish, eggs & dairy.
- Flexitarian: Mostly vegetarian, with occasional allowance for meat & poultry.
Watch Out For
Processed meat alternatives are not always healthier options. Need to be aware of (may need to supplement) zinc, iron, omega 3's and protein consumption.
Ingredients Our Vegetarian Filter Avoids
Meat, fish, poultry, meat byproducts (ie: collagen, gellatin)
Ingredients Our Pescatarian Filter Avoids
Meat, poultry, meat byproducts (ie: collagen, gellatin)